Charter School Complaint Notice
California Education Code Requirements
California Education Code (EC) Section 47605(d)(4) states the following:
- A charter school shall not discourage a pupil from enrolling or seeking to enroll in a charter school for any reason, including, but not limited to, academic performance of the pupil or because the pupil exhibits any of the following characteristics:
- Academically low-achieving
- Economically disadvantaged (determined by eligibility for any free or reduced price meal program)
- English learner
- Foster youth
- Neglected or delinquent
- Sexual orientation
- Pupils with disabilities
- A charter school shall not request a pupil’s records or require the parent, guardian, or pupil to submit the pupil’s records to the charter school before enrollment.
- A charter school shall not encourage a pupil currently attending the charter school to disenroll from the charter school or transfer to another school for any reason (except for suspension or expulsion).
- This notice shall be posted on a charter school’s Internet website and a charter school will provide copies of this notice (1) when a parent, guardian, or pupil inquires about enrollment; (2) before conducting an enrollment lottery, and (3) before disenrollment of a pupil
In order to submit a complaint, complete the Charter School Complaint Form (available at: https://www.cde.ca.gov/sp/ch/documents/rescscomplaints.pdf) and submit the form to the charter school authorizer, electronically or in hard copy, to the following location:
William S. Hart Union High School District
21380 Centre Pointe Pkwy
Santa Clarita, CA 91350
Phone: (661) 259-0033
For all other inquiries and enrollment information, please contact the school at (877) 360-LEARN.